Let’s get your home ready for market! As a seller, it is important for your home to look its best before going on the market. We can advise you on staging to help prepare your home for sale.
- Clean every room thoroughly and remove clutter. This alone will make your home appear larger.
- Consider renting a portable storage unit to remove excess furniture so your home doesn’t feel cluttered.
- A professional cleaning service can assist you in maintaining the cleanliness of your home while it is on the market.
- Keep your kitchen counters free of clutter, closets and attics as well.
- Consider neutralizing your paint colors to attract a wide range of buyers for your home (Light colors help brighten rooms).
- Be sure to repair cracks, holes or damage to plaster, wallboards, wallpaper, and tiles.
- Replace broken or cracked window panes, molding and other woodwork.
- Inspect and repair plumbing, heating, cooling and alarm systems.
- Repair drippy faucets and leaky shower heads.
- Consider hanging fresh new linens in the bathrooms to be displayed.
SPRUCE-UP EXTERIOR AND CURB APPEAL BY:
- Keep the lawn mowed and plants watered.
- Trim hedges, weed flower beds and prune trees, and remove dead limbs and trees.
- Inspect all doors and windows for peeling paint.
- Clean gutters.
- Repair and replace loose shingles on roof.
- Replace loose siding.
- Keep sidewalks and driveways cleared of clutter and debris.
ON SHOWING DATE:
- Be sure to open all drapes and curtains.
- Set the thermostat to a comfortable temperature.
- Remove pets from the home.
- Plan to vacate your home during the showing.